Denim Diaries

Monday, November 2, 2015


A good pair of jeans is a staple year round. If you're like me, it can be quite tricky to find the perfect pair. Over the years I have found a few stores that I know will carry jeans that feel comfortable and look good on my body type. I've narrowed down my search to four stores, ranging from affordable to a bit of a splurge, that when I am in need of some new denim I go straight to! I've Taken my favorite jeans from these stores, and showed you my favorite ways to style them!

Affordable go-to: Forever 21
Forever21 is the go to place when you are in need of affordable clothing, but it can be hit or miss with the quality due to the low pricing. However over the past year or so I have noticed a huge improvement in the overall quality of their merchandise. Before this shift, like the the rest of the clothing, jeans were hit or miss with fit and quality, but when you scavenged long enough for the perfect pair it was a huge hit! Now I have found it to be even easier to find a good pair of jeans that are comfy and won't break the bank!

Middle-Ground: Zara
Zara is my most recent discovery and addition to my favorite denim shops. I had always been a big fan of the Topshop Leigh jeans because of the comfy jegging feel while still looking like actual denim jeans. Sadly the quality no longer matched the price, so I was in search of a new place to find a jegging that I loved. This brought my search to Zara. I found an even better jegging that was of a significantly better quality and about half the price, it was a win-win! I haven't ventured from the jegging type jeans from Zara, but from the multiple pairs I own, they are a great piece to have!

Largest Variety: American Eagle
American Eagle has by far the largest selection to choose from as far as a variety of fit, size, and color. There are 17 different styles and cuts of denim, each available in multiple washes! Why I love these jeans so much is that they are the most comfortable denim I own. They get that perfect worn-in feel, and by the end of the day they have the perfect amount of stretch to them. There is a pair of jeans for everyone here. No matter what size and body type you are, American Eagle will have the jeans for you!

Investment Pair: Paige
While Paige denim is quite the splurge, it is well worth it. These are so comfortable and will last you years! Even though the price may be high, do not let it scare you away from investing in their denim. The quality is amazing, so the jeans will last for a very long time!

Post a Comment