Back To School //Organizing Essentials

Monday, August 17, 2015

With the start of school fast approaching I thought it may be helpful to share some items that I have found to be a must to get through the school year. The biggest thing to have a successful year is to stay organized, so these are all things that will help do just that!
xxAshley

Folders//Notebooks
Folders and notebooks are an obvious must have. What works best for me is to have my notebook and folder for each class color coordinate. It's a simple way to keep things together, so when I'm leaving for class I can just look for the color I need and quickly be on my way!

Stick Tabs//Clips
I use a combination of stick tabs, paper clips, and binder clips to group chapters together for exams. I use the stick tabs in my textbook to mark the beginning and end of a section that will be on the exam. So if my exam will cover chapters 1 through 4, I place one tab at the beginning of chapter 1 and one at the end of chapter 4. The paper clips are used to clip together individual chapters in my notebook or powerpoint print outs. Then I use the binder clip to group together all the chapters that will be on the exam. I try to use the same color tabs and clips so when it come time for finals I know where one section begins and the other ends. 

Colored Pens// Red Highlighter
Colored pens are great for rewriting notes. It helps break up large sections of notes, and is especially helpful when copying down diagrams. A red highlighter and pen are also a must for studying. In one of my psych courses I learned that when we underline or highlight important information in red, it helps us remember it better. The only place I have been able to find a pack of red highlighter is on Amazon, but it is defiantly worth it!

Planner
The most important thing to have for a successful year is a good planner. This will save you so much stress if you use a planner. Planners help you keep track of important due dates and exam dates that can seem to all pile up. I use different color highlighters to highlight the important dates for each class in the calendar to keep everything sorted and separated. I write the important dates on the monthly calendar in my planner, then I use the day-to-day part for homework assignments and such.

Post a Comment