Bahama Mama Time // Nassau, Bahamas

Sunday, May 3, 2015



After a perfect day of sailing, our fist destination on Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas was Nassau, Bahamas. This was not my fist time at Nassau, so except to be able to enjoy the nice, sunny weather I was not overly excited about this stop. However, even with my lack of enthusiasm( it was really hot, so I was much more happy by the pool with a pina colada) we ventured off the ship to roam the streets of Nassau. I do have to say, my favorite part about this city is the brightly colored buildings. Instead of the boring whites and grays I see at home, here the buildings are bright blue, pink, green, and so on. It makes it more welcoming to walk around. There was also a small festival going on so there were a lot of people native to the city dressed up in amazing outfits for that!




Other than that there was't much to Nassau. There isn't much to do other than shop, and the shops aren't all that great. They're either really expensive (Cartier, Burberry, Rolex, etc.) or very cheap and not great quality(straw market). If you want to go into the straw market just a fair warning its hot, crowded, and full of counterfeit merchandise. I don't like tight places so it was a definite no for me!

If you want to get off at Nassau I would recommend catching the ferry(its only $4 per person) over to Paradise Island, which is where Atlantis is. You can get a day pass and it will be much more fun and safe than walking around the few "tourist" blocks on the main part of Nassau. While the day pass is a bit expensive ( its about what you would pay for a day at Disney) its totally worth it!



Nassau was ok, but not my favorite. I'm interested to see how tourism is affected there once Americans are allowed to go to Cuba. Nassau will need to up its game to be able to compete with that. If you find yourself in this area, my suggestion is Nassau no, Paradise Island yes! 

Stayed tuned for my last post about the cruise where I wrap up with Coco Cay! xx Ashley

Post a Comment